Steam Early Access owners can explore two new Hidden Realms, alternate layouts for stages, and more with the free update
Hopoo Games and Gearbox Publishing today released the Hidden Realms Update for Risk of Rain 2 on Steam Early Access. Players can unlock and assume control of a new Survivor, Acrid, a melee-range hybrid who uses powerful poisons to melt tanky enemies. The Hidden Realms Update also introduces two new hidden realms, alternative layouts, more adversaries, and even more loot along with changes suggested by the community. The update is free for all owners of Risk of Rain 2 on Steam Early Access.
Acrid’s infectious skills focuses melee-range hybrid combat mixed with strong damage over time abilities:
- Passive: POISON – Certain attacks apply poison, dealing damage over time but cannot kill.
- Primary Fire: VICIOUS WOUNDS – Maul an enemy, where every third hit does double damage.
- Secondary Fire: NEUROTOXIN – Spit toxic bile at a range that damages and poisons enemies.
- Utility: CAUSTIC LEAP – Leap into the air, dealing damage, stunning, and poisoning enemies on impact. Leaves a pool of acid that deals damage.
- Special: EPIDEMIC – Release a deadly poison that deals damage and poisons enemies. The disease continually spreads to up to 20 targets.
New game features:
- New Bosses and Monster – The Scavenger boss, Void Reaver monster, and an additional secret boss join the fight.
- New Hidden Realms – Two new hidden realms can be discovered.
- Alternative Layouts – The new Alternate Layouts system allows for some maps to have entirely new layouts, starting with Titanic Plains and Distant Roost.
- New Items, Equipment, Lunars and more – An arsenal of new items and equipment is now at players’ disposal. This includes two new Lunar items, Adaptive Chests, Overgrown 3D Printer, seven new items, and a new type of equipment called the Jade Elephant.
- Community Suggested Changes – Quality-of-life improvements suggested by the community have been implemented.
Risk of Rain 2, developed by Hopoo Games and published by Gearbox Publishing, is a third-person roguelike shooter that earned over one million sales within its first month in Steam Early Access and Steam Awards nomination in 2019. Squad up with up to three friends in Risk of Rain 2 on Steam Early Access, Xbox One, PlayStation®4, and Nintendo Switch™ today.