The end is nigh and the zombies are hungry for fresh flesh! Grab your … toothpaste and banana suit?!
Assemble Entertainment — best known for their work on Leisure Suit Larry: Wet Dreams Don’t Dry — announced they have acquired the publishing rights to Pixelsplit’s darkly comical rogue-lite zombie survival game, Deadly Days for PC.
Deadly Days is a unique strategic zombie survival game with light RPG elements. Manage and protect a group of survivors and help them find a cure for the ravenous disease that has taken over! Discover and use a wide variety of crazy items, special abilities, and lethal weapons to try and stem the zombie tide.
The apocalypse started simply enough, with the fast-food chain MKing launching a new burger product on the market. Addictive additives were secretly added to the meat in order to boost sales. You see where this is going, right? The plan worked out. However, the addictive drug meant that all logical brain areas shut down over time, except for the “Gimme fresh meat!” section. And it doesn’t want just a light snack. No, this is full-on brain buffets that it craves! As if that wasn’t bad enough, this disease also prevents people from dying a natural death! To survive this munching monster nightmare, a high level of ingenuity and some gratuitous violence is necessary.
Just in time for Steam’s killer sale, where Deadly Days is currently available as part of Early Access, a major patch (v.0.50) will drop, bringing with it a host of new content and updates for zombie hunters old and new! The new features include everything from updated gameplay elements, such as food-gathering, to new missions, and various gameplay and UI improvements.
Key Features of Deadly Days Include:
- More than 40 crazy items that make each game unique and are needed for your survival
- Over 20 powerful special abilities that can dramatically change the outcome of a battle
- Three different specializations where you can unlock new abilities, items, and weapons
- Over 20 weapon types with randomly generated modifications
- Procedurally generated cities and missions
- More than 29 survivor skins with lots of unique skills to discover and unlock
- More than 10 different types of zombies and three unique bosses that only want one thing: brains!
- Over 30 different achievements to unlock
- A lovingly designed 8-bit pixel art style