Nephilim, sharpen your weapon and brace yourself: “Darksiders III – The Crucible” is opening its gates
The challenge has begun. Darksiders III – The Crucible is out now for PC, PlayStation® 4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One at an SRP of £5.99 | €6.99 | $6.99.
And now, listen… Targon has a message for you…
Only the strongest warriors throughout history gained access to the Crucible. To prove you are worthy, capture the first of the Deadly Sins once and for all. Do that and Vulgrim will show you the way. The more Sins you defeat, the further into the Crucible you may pass.
Once you have entered the Crucible, enemies will come at you in 25 waves. If you survive a set of five, you are given a choice: take your reward and leave or proceed and risk losing everything. Endure all one hundred waves in one go and you will face the final challenge.
So to reiterate:
- Defeating the first “real” Sin unlocks the Crucible and the first 25 waves
- Second “real” Sin unlocks the next 25 waves
- Third “real” Sin unlocks the next 25 waves
- Fourth “real” Sin unlocks the last 25 waves
- Defeat five waves without dying: you can either take your loot (rare crafting materials, new enchantments, new armour sets and a vast amount of souls) and run, or continue and risk losing everything
- Defeating all 100 waves without dying sets you up for the ultimate and final challenge of the Crucible
Shall we proceed?
In this mighty morsel of digital wonderment, competitors can expect to receive a truly earth-shattering experience: The Crucible.
A legendary challenge whispered with reverence across the universe. Not even the Creator could have envisioned such glorious spectacle as that which is found in this fabled arena.
- 101 waves of gruelling combat, fit only for the toughest and most steadfast of warriors
- New armour sets to don as proof of your superiority
- New enchantments never seen until now
- Rare crafting materials to improve your weapons and enhancements
All provided by the generous, steady hand of the Crucible’s Overseer.
That’s right, it is… Targon! Founder of this stupendous arena, and the only one ever to conquer it. So what say you, challenger? Do you have what it takes to surpass me?
About Darksiders III – The Crucible
Fury’s presence has been requested by a strange entity wishing to test her skills in battle. Never one to back down from a challenge, Fury accepts the invitation and gains access to a location known only as the Crucible. Here Fury will fight wave after wave of enemies, competing for a chance to unlock new rewards and items.
About Darksiders III
Players return to an apocalyptic planet Earth in Darksiders III, a hack-n-slash action-adventure where players take on the role of FURY in her quest to hunt down and dispose of the Seven Deadly Sins. The Charred Council calls upon FURY to battle from the heights of heaven down through the depths of hell in a quest to restore the balance between good and evil and prove that she is the fiercest of the FOUR HORSEMEN. FURY is a mage, her form evolving throughout gameplay and with it, her powers and weaponry. The expansive Darksiders III game world is presented as an open-ended, living, free-form planet Earth, dilapidated by war and decay, and overrun by nature. FURY will traverse back and forth between environments, battling other-worldly creatures and unlocking puzzles while advancing the Darksiders story. More on Darksiders III here: https://darksiders.com/