EGOSOFT, the developers behind the long-standing X Game Series are excited to announce that they’ll be providing press demonstrations of their most recently launched title X4: Foundations during this years GDC Conference.
Embark on an Epic Journey in Space in the First Person While Flying Every Ship, Building an Empire with Modular Station Construction and Trading in a Fully Simulated and Dynamic Economy that Reacts to Changes on Every Level.A space simulation played as an action game from the 1st person in a living breathing universe, X4: Foundations delivers the franchise’s most sophisticated universe simulation ever. Players will manage an empire while exploring space in the first person. They can FLY EVERY SHIP, TRADE, and FIGHT to BUILD their empire with modular station construction and think carefully when embarking on an epic journey.
The game is completely realistically simulated and the economy can go through massive changes. No two universes in different player save games will be anything alike after just a few hours of playtime. NPC factions are now able to freely decide what factories and ships to build, and it is all eventually consumed in the ultimate big economy drain: WAR.
It is this realistic simulation at the core which makes all player experiences in that universe so much more authentic. Every action has the potential to influence something else, something bigger. Things do not just happen because of the player, it behaves more like a real true simulation. For instance, when a ship is destroyed, it won’t deliver its goods to a factory, causing prices to increase.
- Spaceflight Sandbox: Acquire ships and upgrade their systems or create fleets of hundreds. From small scouts to massive capital ships. Fly them all from cockpit or bridge and remote command with a powerful map.
- Research: Research new technologies like teleportation, blueprints for station and ship construction and much more
- Build: Full creativity with station construction. Station and factory modules can be freely connected to form ever-growing economic or military installations.
- Explore: A massive universe awaits sheer endless opportunities for exploration. Find resources for mining and crafting, to acquire rare technologies. Explore ancient installations.
- Sandbox Game Starts: Start into X4 from a variety of angles. Represent different factions, ships, and technologies. Every start offers a new view at the universe, but all allow you to unlock everything.
- Dynamic Universe: Factions build and expand stations dynamically and react to the economy and military threats. Every game can take a new and unexpected turn for the entire universe.
- Complex Economy: Trade with a single ship or rise to become an empire manager competing with entire civilizations. A fully simulated and dynamic economy reacts to changes on every level.