Meet Your Enemies in Deck of Ashes, the Deck-Building RPG Coming to Steam Early Access Next Month
Today, developer AYGames has released a new video introducing players to the enemies found in the war-torn world of Deck of Ashes, their upcoming deck-building RPG that will launch on Steam Early Access on April 11, 2019.
In the new video, viewers will be taken on a deeper dive into the world of Deck of Ashes and see for themselves a hostile environment teeming with creatures of all shapes and sizes, all of whom embody the many facets of the ominous Ash Curse. Demons, the undead, and vicious beasts are just a few of the threats that lie in wait for some poor soul to cross their paths. Will your Battle Deck be ready for a fight, and strong enough to overcome their evil?
Each enemy type has distinct strengths and weaknesses and is specifically designed to counter different strategies — meaning a Battle Deck that was successful in defeating one foe may not work against another. Each enemy type has a respective homeland, for example, beasts may be found in forests, the undead in cemeteries, and so forth. It is important that players tread carefully when traveling; for if one class proves to be particularly difficult, it is best for the player to avoid that area until properly equipped. While players may double down on a specific strategy to dominate a creature, they also have the option of becoming a jack-of-all-trades with skill in many different areas — each choice has its merits!
More about Deck of Ashes:
Deck of Ashes is a procedurally-generated turn-based RPG with a unique twist: players must explore the game world as they track down powerful cards in order to forge a powerful Battle Deck. After battling an ever-more challenging succession of foes, players will use their deck to battle the ultimate evil and dispel the Ash Curse. Be careful, though, as losing a battle means losing all your hard-earned cards, and having to start fresh!
In Deck of Ashes, players will find themselves scouring a grim fantasy world in search of combat cards, supplies, and other resources — all while battling against some of the vilest beasts the cursed land has to offer. While collecting cards to create a merciless powerhouse of a deck, players will choose their champion from a band of ruthless antiheroes — each of whom has a unique set of cards — and take on the world, one intense encounter after another.
Key Features Include:
- Build Power-Fueled Decks: Test your wit and your strategic mettle with powerful Battle Decks, each crafted with unique combat cards that deal staggering combos and unforgiving effects
- Eerily Wonderful Environments: Explore and navigate a completely hand-drawn cursed landscape with dangers lurking in every shadow
- A Biome (and Monster) for Every Occasion: Discover unique biomes, each harboring different monster types
- Stayin’ Alive, Stayin’ Alive: Enjoy an ever-changing, new experience each game with procedurally generated realms waiting to devour the next unwary traveler
- No Mercy for the Weary: Mistakes are unacceptable, death is forever — without the use of dark magic, once you die, you’re gone for good