The up-to-12-player mini-golf game prepares for launch
Team17 and Blacklight Interactive have today announced that the online multiplayer mini-golf game Golf With Your Friends will be launching on Nintendo Switch™, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on 19th May. Golf With Your Friends will also leave Steam Early Access the same day.
Pre-orders are also now open for Nintendo Switch and Xbox One owners; those who do pre-order the game will receive ‘The Caddy Pack’ downloadable content, which includes a selection of hats and floaties for further ball customisation. PlayStation 4 gamers won’t miss out on the DLC; a ‘launch edition’ of Golf With Your Friends will be available to purchase from the PlayStation Store for a limited time of two weeks from launch, which will include the content.
The Caddy Pack DLC
- Triceratops hat
- Goose floaty
- ‘Beanie’ propeller hat
- Rowboat floaty
- Teacup hat
- Australian ‘slouch’ hat (outback-style hat)
Today’s announcement follows last month’s Steam Early Access release of a new 18-hole course set in a volcanic world. Featuring new hazards to overcome from the tee off, the course will be available for all console versions from launch.
- Friendly competition: Players can ‘putt’ their skills to the test against 11 people in online multiplayer.
- Golf, with a view: Normal golf greens are so last year, Golf With Your Friends offers more than 10 unique courses, each with their own theme and location, including one based on the iconic Team17 franchise, Worms.
- Super-powered golf: Players can hinder their friends progress with powerups available in custom game modes. Throw down honey, turn their ball into a square, or freeze them on the spot to take the lead and drive a wedge between friends.
- Multiple game modes: Sometimes golf is just golf, and sometimes it’s golf with a basketball hoop or a hockey goal – both game modes are available alongside the classic mini golf mode.
- Fabulous golf: Rock the fairway in style, with unlockable skins, hats and trails for the golf balls.
Golf With Your Friends will be available digitally on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and Steam for £14.99/$19.99/€19.99.