Today marks the birth of a secret order that influences world changing events, shapes society to its own images and pulls strings from the shadows. Grand strategy – Secret Government just entered Steam Early Access for 19.99 USD/EUR with 10% launch discount! The full launch is planned for later this year with the Early Access being an important tool for the developer GameTrek to gather valuable feedback from the community and work hand in hand with them to deliver the ultimate illuminati simulator.
Taking place from the 17th century to the modern days, Secret Government tasks you with leading a secret organization as you spread your influence across the globe, rewriting key historical events and deciding the fate of humankind. Manage your resources as you manipulate the actions of the world’s leaders. From strategically planting your agents in vulnerable regions, to infiltrating powerful institutions of authority, anyone can be your pawn as you exploit their resources and seize control over key decision-makers.
The Early Access version places you in the Glorious Revolution in England where you will face a hostile secret organization whose methods are similar to yours, but their goals are completely different. Act carefully not to raise the awareness of your clout in the country or otherwise you will be exposed and lose the level of influence already gained.
- Rewrite History – From the 17th century to the present day, the War of Independence to the French and Napoleonic Wars, each mission will drop players into major global conflicts, tasking them with manipulating the outcome to serve the Brotherhood’s ambitions.
- Play Your Pawns – The world’s most powerful figures – from national rulers to military superpowers – are but mere pawns to you. Learn to manipulate their complex AI machinations as you leverage their unique abilities to shape the world to your needs.
- Indirect Influence – Why should you have to do the heavy lifting of executing your diplomatic, economic, and militaristic ambitions? Plant your own agents and indirectly coerce others to do your bidding with over 50 types of actions intended to upend the world’s balance in your favor while keeping your hands clean.
- Manipulate a Living World – From ideologies to social classes, taxes to civil unrest, the world of Secret Government is comprised of countless interconnected sociopolitical systems that effectively simulate a believable and reactionary world. While world leaders strive to maintain the status quo, how will you destabilize the system and trigger worldwide change?
- You’re Not Alone in the Shadows – Facing down a hostile secret organization that isn’t afraid to manipulate their way into the history books, make every action and choice count in order to outthink the competition and maintain your hard-earned secrecy and level of infiltration in the shadows.
Developed by GameTrek and published by 1C Entertainment, Secret Government slips its way out of the shadows and onto Steam Early Access today. For more information, be sure to Wishlist the game on Steam, or follow 1C Entertainment on Facebook and/or Twitter.