Developer Pathos Interactive and publisher 2tainment GmbH launched their Real-Time Strategy (RTS) title Bannermen on PC via Steam. Bannermen is a medieval fantasy game mixing classic RTS elements including resource-gathering, base building, and unit recruitment, with powerful environmental spells that devastate the enemy while reshaping the world. These spells summon lightning strikes, tornadoes, volcanic explosion, and additional nature-based effects which can turn the tide of battle!
“We are excited for the launch of Bannermen and can’t wait for players to try out Pathos’ modernized take on the classic RTS formula” said Alexander Wagner, Product Manager at 2tainment GmbH. “The environmental magic, combined with the game’s rich characters and story, will certainly entertain fans of the genre and those new to Real-Time Strategy.”
Bannermen takes place in the realm of Valtoria, a low-fantasy medieval world ravaged by decades of war, starvation, and natural disasters. Players take on the role of Lord Berrian, who is trying to recapture his kingdom’s former glory, finding and rallying bannermen to battle against a host of tribes and the dark Lord Karthor. By utilizing nature powers — a core feature of Bannermen — players can leverage natural phenomena such as lightning strikes to electrocute armies, take advantage of dust storms that limit vision to sneak past enemies, and much more. With a fully story-driven campaign, each mission contains varied gameplay and challenges designed to push the narrative forward. Bannermen also provides online multiplayer modes with matchmaking and ladders.
● A complete single-player story-driven campaign, along with an AI Skirmish Mode, Ranked and Unranked Multiplayer Modes, and a Custom Mode for up to eight players.
● “Nature powers” that allows players to summon lightning strikes, blizzards, and much more, all of which not only deal devastating damage, but also modify the terrain of the game map – provoke volcano outbursts to demolish lands, raise a tornado to trap your enemies, and more.
● Heroes which can be levelled up during the game, to become stronger and unlock more powerful spells.
● Online multiplayer games on hosted dedicated servers, with matchmaking and ladders (ranking system) for both 1v1 and 2v2 setups.
● A classic RTS game, with all the beloved features like base building, resource management, recruiting soldiers and battling for map control.
Later this week (Feb 21), Pathos Interactive will be launching Bannermen, their fantasy RTS on Steam. Bannermen combines classic RTS elements including base-building and resource management, with unique new environmental magic. These special spells allow you to summon lightning strikes, tornadoes, volcano outbursts, and more deadly nature-based effects which not only turn the tide of battle but can change the face of the game world itself.