Enhanced Graphics, New Content, and New Mechanics Arrive Alongside Support for Additional VR Headsets
Zatun — a multi award-winning game developer and game art studio for major brands such as Disney, Marvel, and Ubisoft — today invites players to lock and load as it announces the release of its virtual reality sharpshooting game Sniper Rust VR for the HTC Vive. Released last summer on Steam and the Oculus Store, a revamped version of Sniper Rust VR is now available, offering new content, improved visuals, enhanced gameplay, and additional support for leading VR headsets — making it one of the most immersive VR sniping games available!
Sniper Rust VR puts players directly behind the scope of a highly-skilled hired gun, employed by a covert agency to put a stop to an impending global uprising at the hands of an armed militia. Featuring a mix of real-world and conceptual weapons, and eighteen heart-pounding levels set in the backdrop of four photorealistic settings — including ports, forests, mountains, deserts, and even ancient temples — Sniper Rust VR is an incredibly realistic, first-person sniping experience. Players must keep their eyes on the prize and aim steady as they face off against cunning enemies. Any of their shots could be their last!
Today’s major content update for Sniper Rust VR features a multitude of enhancements and additions based on player feedback, starting with improved graphical fidelity as seen across the game’s globally-inspired levels and realistic weaponry. Sniper Rust VR now also features a new cover mechanic so that players can avoid enemy fire in between shots. Weapons come to life like never before with the addition of enhanced recoil effects observable on-screen and felt through the Oculus Touch or HTC Vive controllers. Returning players will also enjoy the addition of a new bonus level featuring a new enemy type and weapon. All-new achievements offer challenges for players to overcome with new skins to unlock as rewards.
- Cutting-Edge Weaponry: A plethora of lethal firearms are available, outfitted with special functions suited for specific occasions. Available weapons include real-world guns like the DSR-50 and SVD sniper rifle, as well as the MaC-7, which was inspired by the CheyTac M200, and the Scout Rifle-inspired DG-5000.
- Death-Dealing Enemy Troops and Vehicular Combatants: Diverse enemy classes make every playable mission a challenge; payers must be wary of well-concealed snipers, air/group assaults, and hidden traps behind enemy lines.
- Action-Packed Soundtrack: Intense orchestral sounds composed by John Leonard French are the perfect accompaniment for the game’s thrilling, edge-of-your-seat action sequences.
- New Customizations and Achievements: Skilled players will be recognized for their excellence with 16 new achievements, which unlock a new skin for each weapon, three new gloves, and an alternate dog skin.
- New Gameplay Mechanics: The latest update adds additional realism to the game with the inclusion of gun recoil effects and the ability to take cover from enemy fire.
- Graphics Overhaul: Environments come to life thanks to improved lighting and shadows.
Sniper Rust VR supports seated, standing, and room-scale VR and is playable using Oculus Rift, HTC Vive and Vive Pro, and FOVE VR headsets. It is now available for purchase for Windows PC on Steam, Viveport, and the Oculus Store for $9.99. A free version with limited content offers access to a shooting gallery and part of the game’s campaign and is available to download from each respective storefront.