Walkabout Games and Atomic Wolf today announced that Liberated, one of the most exciting Polish video games of the first half of the year, is available now for Nintendo Switch.
To celebrate, a new trailer has been released, showcasing the incredible tech-noir world players can expect to inhabit when they experience Liberated. The game is available now via Nintendo eShop at the price of USD $19.99 / EUR €19.99 / GBP £17.99 with a 20% discount till Friday 5th June, bringing the price down to USD $15.99 / EUR €15.99 / GBP £14.39.
- Nintendo eShop United States:
- Nintendo eShop Europe:
Liberated is set in a near-future, tech-noir society slipping into the throes of authoritarianism emboldened by new technology. Undeniable truths and personal freedom are dying as surveillance and weaponized personal data have painted the world in shades of grey.
What the critics are saying:
- “With responsive controls, enjoyable shooting and strong level design, Liberated is an atmospheric, absorbing treat and far more than the sum of its parts” – Nintendo Life, 8/10
- “A standout title for the Nintendo Switch that’s both experimental and engrossing” – Nintendo Enthusiast, 9/10
- “Liberated is more than just a game” – Nintendo Soup, 8/10
- “Liberated is a fine example of how the video game medium can enhance the age-old practise of storytelling” – Switchaboo, 84%
- “With its distinct, comic book art style and impressive narrative, Liberated is a game well worth a few hours of your time” – God is A Geek, 7.5/10
- “Liberated is one of the best productions that I have completed over the decades of my career as a player” – Konsolowe.info, 9/10
Forget everything you know about comics. Immerse yourself in a dark, rain-soaked city. Keep your wits about you and hack the system. And when all hell breaks loose, dispense final justice with formidable headshots. Let the stunning hand-drawn art and captivating action unite on the pages of this award-winning noir cyberpunk story.
“Liberated is a labour of cooperation between Atomic Wolf, L.inc and Walkabout Games,” said Piotr Gnyp, head of BizDev at Walkabout, the publisher of LIBERATED. “We hope that its distinctive art style, and the message, which is more relevant than ever, will resonate with the gamers.”