Project Winter is inspiring some truly traitorous moments for Influencers during Early Access
Project Winter, from developers Other Ocean, has seen the demise of many a survivor and traitor in the last two weeks since launching into Steam Early Access. Many of the best betrayals were caught on camera in a new gameplay video featuring some of the world’s top gaming influencers!
After a busy launch into Early Access, Other Ocean has no plans to slow down. They have released a Project Winter roadmap which details their plans for the game during Early Access and beyond. Here are a few of the upgrades and improvements coming to Project Winter in the coming months:
- Host your own lobbies, with the option of password protecting them for private sessions with friends. See what the primary language of a lobby is and join the one you prefer.
- New maps with more varied objectives and chances to sabotage!
- New cosmetics and event-based progression trees
- More varied weapons like a silent crossbow and automatic rifles
- Nvidia Highlights to capture those traitorous moments
- + More
- A rare truth serum that will privately reveal another player’s role to the user
- Items like energy drinks can be found and used to give players extra health, warmth or hunger stats, allowing them to stay out and survive longer
- When few survivors remain, they will receive a special airdrop that can’t be accessed by traitors, giving them a chance to repair the objectives on their own or go out in a blaze of glory
- + More
- Swap outfits with a corpse and confuse your enemies!
- Traitors will be able to see the traps placed by their comrade
- New traitor airdrop abilities (ex: reveal the survivor’s health bars above their heads)
- Traitors will have an expanded arsenal of unique contextual actions for interfering with the survivors, enabling them to better slow the survivors down at the risk of being identified
- + More
Visit Project Winter’s Website to see the full list of improvements, upgrades, and additions as Early Access progresses to full launch!
- Escape to Survive – As a survivor among a group of strangers, you will have to collect resources, battle the elements and complete a series of tasks to call in one of several rescue vehicles.
- Hidden Roles – Among the group of survivors lurk hidden traitors who are selected at random. The traitors are known to each other but not the survivors. Their goal is to stop the survivors from escaping without being identified and killed.
- Teamwork – Survivors cannot escape unless they work together. Players who wander off on their own will have difficulty surviving the elements, can fall victim to hostile wildlife, or become easy targets for the traitors.
- Communication – There are several ways to communicate with other players, including proximity-based voice chat, private voice chat radio channels, text chat, and emotes. Communication is vital if the survivors have any hope of completing their tasks and defending against the traitors.
- Betrayal & Deception – The traitors are outnumbered and weak when the game begins. They may infiltrate the survivors and earn their trust while they build up their strength. Survivors can never be 100% sure of who to trust. The traitors can take advantage of this by spreading lies and setting the survivors against each other.