Out with the old, in with the new! Environment-altering classically inspired RTS Bannermen, has received a major post-launch update today. Developer PathosInteractive and publisher 2tainment GmBH are inviting players to explore what’s new — and prepare for the ultimate world-shattering fantasy war!
The content update (1.1.0) brings with it a treasure trove of new content just waiting to be explored. Along with new units, a new map, and a plethora of polishes and bug fixes, the Bannermen update also boasts new features added after extensive collaboration with the community.
What’s new in the update:
- Two new units are now available: The Vanguard and Ballista. The Vanguard is a semi-armored melee unit with an impressive attack range and even more impressive defensive abilities. The Ballista is a heavy range unit with an unrivaled attack range. Ballista has a special ability that allows them to fire an arrow with a chain attached to the unit. When the arrow makes contact with the enemy, the Ballista pull the enemy in close for an easier defeat.
- A new skirmish map is included in the update. The map can hold up to four players and is designed especially for 2v2 games, but it also plays well in 1v1.
- In-game chat is now available, as requested by the community.
- Tactical pause has been added, as requested by the community. Pause your game, rework your battle plans in response to your enemy’s previous actions, then un-pause and continue the battle.
- A third difficulty level has been added to the campaign, making Bannermen more welcoming to casual players and newcomers to the Real-Time Strategy genre
More about Bannermen
Bannermen takes place in the realm of Valtoria, a low-fantasy medieval world ravaged by decades of war, starvation, and natural disasters. Players take on the role of Lord Berrian, who is trying to recapture his kingdom’s former glory, finding and rallying bannermen to battle against a host of tribes and the dark Lord Karthor. By utilizing nature powers — a core feature of Bannermen — players can leverage natural phenomena such as lightning strikes to electrocute armies, take advantage of dust storms that limit vision to sneak past enemies, and much more. With a fully story-driven campaign, each mission contains varied gameplay and challenges designed to push the narrative forward. Bannermen also provides online multiplayer modes with matchmaking and ladders.