1047 Games’ Splitgate: Arena Warfare, the fast-paced, sci-fi, competitive multiplayer first-person shooter that uses player-controlled portals to create a new dimension of arena combat, has officially launched its first season of action. A huge update available today introduces a ton of new content, features, improvements and more made with feedback from the Splitgate community.
Splitgate’s big Season 1 showstoppers include:
- The new Splitgate Season 1 Arena Pass, which adds a totally new progression system to unlock exclusive skins, characters, emotes, emblems and more. The Splitgate Season 1 Arena Pass is available for $8.99.
- A new close-quarters map called Abyss set in an ancient temple and featuring a futuristic new melee weapon similar to Halo 2’s energy sword.
- A new Race mode where players compete to collect disco balls as fast as possible using portals on each map for bragging rights on the leaderboard.
- New daily and weekly challenges that award experience points.
- A fresh in-depth tutorial to better teach new players Splitgate’s major mechanics.
- Significant performance, graphics and lighting improvements. Every level has also been revamped with a “living map” design, featuring new details that tell a different story each season (e.g., the underwater Atlantis map now sports leaking cracks in its glasswork).
- Improved anti-cheat system.
- Improved competitive play with redesigned ranking and matchmaking based on the Elo-style rating system found in games like Overwatch. Players will be assigned a specific skill rating after 10 placement rounds that will help put them in games against players of appropriate aptitude.
- The highly requested implementation of crosshair selection.
- Smarter AI that behaves more dynamically like humans, jumping around the map, sprinting to avoid gunfire, and maneuvering more intelligently to find targets.
- A more user-friendly HUD and UI, including a redesigned main menu with an original track from Grammy Award-winning composer Christopher Tin in collaboration with DJ tyDi.
- NVIDIA Highlights integration, letting GeForce users automatically capture their best multi-kills and headshots in game.
Made with stylish visuals in Unreal Engine 4, Splitgate evokes your favorite memories of gaming’s most-revered shooters, embracing the classic feel of close-quarters arena action with a multi-directional twist. Create portals around the map and cross huge distances in the blink of an eye to escape, flank and ambush your foes. A blast to pick up and play for both FPS newcomers and veterans alike, Splitgate’s near-limitless skill cap lets you pull off jaw-dropping, gif-worthy plays in a variety of ranked, unranked and custom games.