Kerberos Productions is proud to announce that The Pit: Infinity, their hotly anticipated follow-up to Sword of the Stars: The Pit, is launching out of Early Access next month on November 12th. The game has been received extremely well by those checking out the Early Access version netting a “Very Positive” rating on Steam, with players very enthusiastic about how well The Pit: Infinity recreates the original top down roguelike formula of SotS: The Pit in first person and how different it feels from the other FPS roguelikes on the market.
“We are very pleased to not only have met our promised timetable for full release but also in meeting all of our key feature goals in that amount of time. With the help of the community, The Pit: Infinity is bigger and better than we ever planned and well on its way to growing as big as the original Pit through free content releases and DLC.” – Martin Cirulis (CEO / Lead Designer of Kerberos Productions)
The Pit: Infinity is a cooperative RPG with first-person-shooter controls and roguelike permadeath. It is meant to be played solo, or cooperatively with up to three friends.
Players will take on the role of a Marine, Scout or Engineer character and enter the Pit, a high-tech dungeon in which diabolical experiments are performed on life forms gathered from all over the galaxy.
- Start as one of three unique Characters, each with different Attributes, Skills and Items!
- Explore procedurally generated hallways, rooms and biomes!
- Battle monsters and robots to gain experience and loot!
- Open locked doors, avoid traps, and rifle through alien treasure troves, seeking supplies, ammunition and gear!
- Gain Levels to improve your Attributes and Skills!
- Collect components and craft new items to improve your chances of survival!
- Delve as deep into the Pit as you can, before you’re horribly killed! Each new floor becomes more challenging and progressively more difficult to beat.
Players can still pick up The Pit: Infinity in Early Access on Steam to get some playtime in before the saves are reset at launch and the price is raised to $29.99USD. They can also pick up the game in THE PIT PACK bundle on Steam which also includes the Osmium edition of Sword of the Stars: The Pit, including all of its DLC.