This Is The Police is a strategy/adventure game set in a city spiraling the drain. Taking the role of gritty Police Chief Jack Boyd, you’ll dive into a deep story of crime and intrigue. Will Jack reach his retirement with a nice stack of bills, or will he end up broken … or worse?
- Your mission is clear: make $500,000 in 180 days, before Jack Boyd reaches retirement. How? That’s up to you!
- Decisions, decisions! This Is The Police is all about a dark story and how you react to it. Whatever you decide, your choices will influence the game – and the fate of Jack Boyd.
- The Good, the Bad, and… the Ugly? The Chief of Freeburg’s Police Department deals with all kind of people. It is up to you to find the bad guys, and decide how to deal with them.
- Carry out your duties. As head of Freeburg PD, Jack deals with all sorts of challenges every day: responding to emergencies, managing his officers, defending the department against City Hall and a corrupt mayor, and much more.
- Solve investigations and gather evidence against the criminal gangs of Freeburg.
- Deal with the competing powers of the city. Everyone offers you favours, and each one comes at a price.
- Rich and fully voiced story: Jack Boyd is portrayed by Jon St. John, the voice of Duke Nukem.
Fighting corruption and negotiating with the mob whilst you are on your commute? No problem! Critically-acclaimed strategy police adventure This Is The Police from developer Weappy Studios will be available for Android and iOS platforms on December 13th 2018.
Pull on the boots of Jack Boyd, grumpy Police Chief of Freeburg PD and find a way to amass a $500,000 fortune in only 180 days, before you are forced to retire. Jack has to juggle dealing with the Mafia, corrupt cops, seedy politicians, and even members of the clergy who are way closer to hell than heaven.
The mobile version of This Is The Police will be published by HandyGames – as a premium title. Buy once, play forever. Even offline.
“HandyGames has been a part of the mobile market for over 18 years now. We’ve made and sold many games on various platforms all over the world, with our future now being in the premium game space. Our upcoming releases will focus on that model – and if a game is a premium title, that means no loot boxes, no in-app purchases, no adds, no gambling,“ says Christopher Kassulke, CEO, HandyGames.
When it’s released on December 13th, This is the Police will be compatible with iOS 8 or better and Android 6 with 1.5 GB RAM or better. The price will be 7.99€ EURO / $7.99 US / £6.99 UK, with absolutely no micro-transactions.